- Altekruse, S., et al. (2009). Seer cancer statistics review, 1975-2007, National Cancer Institute. http://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/kidrp.html#risks. Accessed June 13, 2013.
- Rini, B., et al. (2006). Renal cell carcinoma. Curr Opin in Onc, 18(3):289-296.
- Rosner, I., et al. (2009). The clinical implications of the genetics of renal cell carcinoma. Urologic Oncology, 27(2):131-136.
- Coleman, J., and Russo, P. (2009). Hereditary and familial kidney cancer. Curr Opin Urol, 19:478-485.
Individuals with a clinical or suspected diagnosis of renal cancer.
Analytical Sensitivity: ~99%.
Submit only 1 of the following specimen types
Type: Whole Blood
Specimen Requirements:In EDTA (purple top) tube:
Infants (<2 years): 2-3 ml
Children (>2 years): 3-5 ml
Older Children & Adults: 5-10 ml.
Specimen Collection and Shipping: Ship sample at room temperature with overnight delivery.
Type: Isolated DNA
Specimen Requirements:In microtainer: 60 ug
Isolation using the QiagenTM Puregene kit for DNA extraction is recommended.
Specimen Collection and Shipping: Refrigerate until time of shipment in 100 ng/ul of TE buffer. Ship sample at room temperature with overnight delivery.
- Hereditary Cancer Syndrome: Sequencing Panel.
- Renal Cancer: Deletion/Duplication Panel.