In 2013, an estimated 23,130 people in the United States will be diagnosed with primary malignant brain and other central nervous system (CNS) neoplasms.
- Honnorat J and Antoine JC. Paraneoplastic neurological syndromes. Orphanet J Rare Dis. 2007; 2: 22.
- Siegel R, Naishadham D, Jemal A. Cancer statistics, 2013. CA Cancer J Clin 2013;63:11–30.
- Individuals with a clinical or suspected diagnosis of brain, CNS, or PNS cancer.
Please note that a "backbone" of probes across the entire genome are included on the array for analytical and quality control purposes. Rarely, off-target copy number variants causative of disease may be identified that may or may not be related to the patient's phenotype. Only known pathogenic off-target copy number variants will be reported. Off-target copy number variants of unknown clinical significance will not be reported.
Submit only 1 of the following specimen types
Type: Whole Blood
Specimen Requirements:In EDTA (purple top) tube:
Infants (<2 years): 2-3 ml
Children (>2 years): 3-5 ml
Older Children & Adults: 5-10 ml
Specimen Collection and Shipping: Ship sample at room temperature with overnight delivery.
Type: Isolated DNA
Specimen Requirements:In microtainer: 10 ug
Isolation using the QiagenTM Puregene kit for DNA extraction is recommended.
Specimen Collection and Shipping: Refrigerate until time of shipment in 100 ng/ul of TE buffer. Ship sample at room temperature with overnight delivery.
- Hereditary Cancer Syndrome: Sequencing Panel.
- Brain, CNS, and PNS Cancer: Sequencing Panel.